Faqs for referring clinics
What insurances do you accept?Currently Prime Medical Pain Management accepts ALL commercial health insurance plans.
What is the best way to refer a patient?
There are two ways for referring practices to schedule patients with our pain management specialists:
- Have your patient contact us directly at (602) 300-4754 to schedule an appointment.
- FAX a copy of the patient’s demographics sheet including their contact information to (602) 249-1614 and we will contact the patient to schedule an appointment.
When is the optimal time in their treatment plan to refer a patient to Prime Medical Pain Management for evaluation by a pain medicine specialist?
Patients with any of the clinical presentations/conditions listed below are excellent candidates for referral to our pain medicine specialists for appropriate, ethical and comprehensive evaluation
- Any time the physician feels uncomfortable with the patient’s clinical progress or medication use.
- Patient on stable opioid analgesic pain medication who states it is no longer effective, or patient requiring a medication switch.
- Lack of response to physical therapy after 4-6 visits or 30-45 days.
- Consider referral to UP&R for second opinion and evaluation prior to physical therapy.
- Radicular arm or leg pain from the neck or low back, if associated with extremity sensory or motor changes consider immediate referral.
- Residual pain after neck or low back surgery, regardless of when the surgery occurred.
- Neuropathic pain, particularly of the upper or lower extremities.
- Pain that limits function and activity
- New (acute) pain lasting more than one month, or still not resolving at follow-up visit.
- Pain that requires short-acting opioid for longer than 1-2 months.
What if our practice needs a patient scheduled as soon as possible?PMPM’s scheduling team and physicians take great pride in maintaining scheduling flexibility to accommodate our referring offices’ scheduling team and physicians take great pride in maintaining scheduling flexibility to accommodate our referring offices
Does Prime Medical Pain Management schedule patients for medication management?Yes, as a service to our referring practices, we offer appropriate medication management to patients. PMPM providers have developed an effective program to provide care for medication management patients. Additionally, PMPM maintains the highest standards of compliance with state and federal regulations and adherence/ monitoring protocols. Our providers will also provide consultation to referring practices to assist them in the management of patients prescribed controlled substances, upon request.
What types of chronic pain conditions does Prime Medical Pain Management treat?PMPM specialists treat all chronic pain conditions, including back pain, neck pain, failed back surgery syndrome, neuropathic pain, headaches/migraines, sports injuries and work-related injuries. Additionally, our specialists will accept appropriate medication management patients from their referring providers. Please feel free to contact our office if there is ever a question or a situation for which your practice requires assistance.